Newest release 2.2.1, Updated July 02, 2021
The newest release 2.2.1 of the GoProduce software for the Summa F Series includes the following fixed issues:
- Solved: Barcode import with camera hangs when reaching the right side of the barcode
- Solved: Unexpected error when trying to reading the second barcode
- Solved: Camera communication failure when retrying barcode workflow after fatal error
New release 2.2.0, updated June 17, 2021
The 2.2.0 release of the GoProduce software for the Summa F Series includes the following changes:
- Logging of USB errors to SummaGoProduce.log
- New action "Set layer method" to automatically change the method assigned to the selected layer
- Twin mode and Twin X mode action sets now have different names to avoid confusion
- Allow changing the direction of open objects, even if the direction is automatically calculated for closed objects (bevel cut)
- "Plot to file" option in output action
- Print&cut jobs segmentation tries to maximize the size of the first segment for better compensation and vacuum use
- The last segment of print&cut job is fed as little as possible to just fit on the table so the use of the vacuum is maximized
- "Segmentation Margin" option in "Set working zone" action to control the margins for job segmentation when outputting
- Allow bit size of at least 0.1mm for inserts
- Cut-off start point in the centre of media
- Cut-off overlap in the centre of media of chosen overcut in tool properties instead of 100 mm
- The slightly smaller margin on print&cut segmentation with "Segmentation margin" on
- Greatly improved speed of "Remove double objects" action
- Improvements to PLT file import
- Support import of HGPL commands LB, SI, DI for text labels
- Tooltips on icon buttons for editing action sets and layers
For a full overview of the fixed issues within this release, please consult the release notes webpage.
New release 1.10, new benefits (Update 04/2020)
Software matching the hardware is of unseen importance to enable smooth workflow and efficient production. Our Summa R&D department is, therefore, constantly optimizing our in-house software modules. Find out about the benefits of the new software release 1.10 for your Summa F Series flatbed cutter. We recommend users to update their software and start to benefit from the following new features, among others:
- Single sheet print&cut improvements:
- Improved mark prediction to find the job’s position more easily and compensate deformations optimally
- Possibility to skip marks in case of repetitive jobs, enabling to cut more jobs in less time
- Improved fixed size compensation:
- No shifts between related objects
- Optimal choice of segments
- Especially suitable for larger jobs. Can be used in combination with the Heavy-Duty Roll Support, offering added value when cutting heavy banner print rolls and non-stretchable wide textile rolls.
- Improved workflow with cut-off after job, minimizing feed margins so less waste of material.
Every single one of you, working with printed or non-printed materials to cut/finish, knows how vitally important software is to the usability and productivity of your hardware. This is not just a matter of integrating your print and cut workflow. Also, the presence of an intuitive interface, easy navigation and intelligent features help the operator to handle jobs more efficiently.
Summa recognizes the importance of software that is fully tailored to the hardware. To underline the importance, Summa developed its very own software platform entirely in-house: GoSuite. The first software module within this platform, available as from today, is called GoProduce, which is designed to optimize the F Series users’ workflow.
Smart functionalities at your service
At first sight, you might think that it is only the intuitive interface with a modern look that makes the GoProduce software unique. However, one of the true strengths of GoProduce are the straightforward action sets, enabling the operator to handle variable jobs in a natural, trouble-free and automated way. In the action sets, various Summa workflows, such as the barcode automation, are ready to be used at a click of a button. To further enhance flexibility, you can adjust many of these action sets to your hand and your needs.
Besides these time-saving features, GoProduce has even more to offer you:
- Flexible and tailored import of files to ensure a smooth print and cut workflow integration
- Registration of square or round marks, supporting all RIPs and PDF formats
- Easy learning with integrated tutorials for direct support, also available on Youtube
- Extensive material database to your convenience. This feature is able to automatically select the ideal tool and its settings based on the material you have chosen.
The material database is a vital key to the user-friendliness of the GoProduce software. It includes an extensive range of material types defined by Summa, which can be adapted to your specific needs at all times. The database ensures a smart collaboration between jobs, materials and on-site tools. The material manager works with pre-defined methods, meaning that you only need to choose the material you want to process and the material manager itself automatically chooses the correct tool and its settings to process it with.
Back side cutting with edge detection
Back side cutting is especially useful when cutting cardboard boxes in order not to damage the print and in order to ensure the print is located at the outside of the box. GoProduce 1.10 introduces a new camera profile enabling you to perform back side cutting with smart edge detection.
Basically, there are two methods of back side cutting within GoProduce:
- Back side cutting: this is the original method where the camera will first read the marks. The marks will then be cut out in squares. After that, you need to flip the sheet, the camera starts reading these cutout marks again and the flatbed cutter starts to cut. This method is still available in GoProduce but is more cumbersome than the new method of the 1.10 version.
- Back side cutting with edge detection: this is the newest method, now available in the 1.10 version. A new camera profile is added, enabling to detect the edges of the sheet. Here, the camera will read the marks first and then it will read 3 edges of the sheet. Thereafter you flip the sheet and to determine the position, it reads two edges again. The machine starts to cut, without the need to cut out the markers first. This will save you a considerable amount of time.
Within the method ‘back side cutting with edge detection’ there are 3 modes for Sheet Consistency available:
- Low: Here jobs have different sizes and prints and it is not necessary to place them in the same position on the flatbed cutter.
- Medium: Here the jobs have the same size and print. Also, in this case, it is not necessary to place them in the same position on the flatbed cutter.
- High: Here jobs also have the same size and print. However, in this case, they need to be placed in the same position each time again. You need to mark the position on the flatbed table surface.
Go and Produce stunning creations today
The GoProduce software is standard included with every F Series purchase. In case, you are a user of a Summa F Series machine already, you can download a 30-day trial version to explore the many possibilities of GoProduce here. In case you are in possession of the GoProduce software already, you can view tutorials to optimize your GoProduce skills here.
Don't forget to subscribe to Summa's Youtube channel as more tutorials will be released in the nearby future.
So, Go and Produce incredible creations in a most efficient and straightforward way with the software, perfectly tailored to your hardware thanks to Summa GoProduce, part of the GoSuite software platform. The GoSuite software platform is built to support you today and in the future, with many more software solutions to follow.
Tag Summa on Twitter, Facebook or Linkedln or use the hashtag #SummaFinish, so we can see your fantastic creations.