Summa: Putting the Class in S Class 3
Almost ten years after the release of the S Class 2, Summa arrives with a new premium cutting plotter: the Summa S Class 3. In those ten years, Summa has not been idle. It has listened to the wants and needs of its clients and has invested in the latest technology to create the perfect successor.
Explore New Opportunities
The S Class 3 is perfect for the Sign and Display Industry, especially for professionals who demand nothing short of top performance. New features enable you to expand your business as the roll cutter runs smoother and faster than before, yet is still incredibly accurate, improving your workflow’s efficiency without losing quality. You can cut through more materials, and a creasing option was added. All this opens up your business to new opportunities.
What are the S Class 3 Key Benefits?
- True Tangential Cutting Technology. The unique motorised knife with accurate depth control can cut through thin, thick and tough material with ultimate precision.
- OPOS Camera with onboard image processing. The new OPOS Camera is more performant and, thanks to its onboard image processing, provides ultra-fast mark recognition, making your workflows smoother and more efficient.
- Performance Head. This high-precision cutting head can now carry two tools at once, which allows you to cut and crease or cut and draw without changing tools.
- Smart Object Sorting and Panelling. The Smart Object Sorting feature selects the most optimal starting point for cutting objects, while the Smart Panelling feature focuses on cutting the objects within a set range in the most efficient way.
- Increased Ergonomics. With a blue, green, and red-lighted status bar, easily identifiable adjustable components and a strategically placed tool tray, the S Class 3 is focused on ergonomics and ease of use.
- Optimised media handling. The new media roll can now handle a diameter of 20 cm and supports a roll weight of up to 45 kg, which is highly beneficial for Print&Cut applications, including laminated vinyl.
Setting a New Standard in the Cutting Industry
At the heart of the new S Class 3 is its True Tangential Cutting Technology. It’s a feature unique to Summa that sets a new standard in the industry. What makes it so great is the fact that it produces incredibly precise corners and cuts the tiniest of details with ease, such as intricate small designs and stickers. It works wonders on materials that are a non-standard thickness or size, such as thin, thick and tough materials, as well as larger signs, but also on everything in between. Combine the True Tangential Cutting Technology with the Performance Head, and you create the ultimate cutting combo.
Choose Your Own Cutting Technology
Because in the ever-evolving world of cutting, one type of technology doesn’t fit every bill, Summa offers a selection of three technologies. This way, you can choose the one that works best for your business.
- Drag knife technology. Cutting large volumes on standard vinyl has never been as smooth, fast or easy.
- Tangential knife technology. A tangential knife cuts seamlessly through thick, thin, and tough materials. It also cuts the tiniest of details and exact corners flawlessly.
- Dual Head technology. It contains the best camera in the range, making it possible to cut more difficult media, such as see-through and reflective materials. It combines drag or tangential knife technology with creasing or drawing, perfect for cutting and creasing folding cartons.
Is It Still Relevant to Invest in a Cutting Plotter?
In short: yes, it is. While the long lifespan of Summa cutters allows sign makers to avoid further investments in cutting equipment, having a premium cutting plotter available on the work floor remains essential for businesses ranging from small to industrial size. The S Class 3 provides new growth opportunities in both cutting and creasing.