I've worked with Salesforce CPQ (formerly SteelBrick CPQ) for a long time, so I was interested in learning even more about how Salesforce has incorporated and improved the tool while at Dreamforce 2016. I attended a hands-on CPQ Workshop to pick up some new tips and tricks. The team of presenters assigned login numbers to everyone with a laptop, and in less than an hour we created a quote and prepared a formal quote document. A few days later in the Admin Zone, there was a hands-off presentation of the same session, which demonstrated the same quick setup of Salesforce CPQ to show the audience just how quickly you can get results from the application.
I've been a part of some pretty complex implementations of CPQ, but at Dreamforce I realized something I had overlooked in the time I had worked with the tool: it really doesn't take long to get something out of Salesforce CPQ. With the basic setup, you can do quite a bit in a short amount of time. With that revelation in mind, imagine what you can do when the full capabilities of Salesforce CPQ are used.
The Benefits of Salesforce CPQ
First, with the basic setup of CPQ, without using code, all of your products and product bundles can be configured and easily added to a quote with a simple and user-friendly custom screen. Basic price calculations give you the quote estimate and sync the information up to your sales opportunity. And finally, you can quickly present the quote to the customer with the basic quote template.
Going beyond what was covered in the sessions, Salesforce CPQ can do the following:
- Use complex product rules to enforce or restrict what options can be selected based on other selections.
- Complex pricing rules and discounts can be configured for quick generation of quote totals.
- Auto-renewable subscriptions can be created.
- Renewal opportunities can be created to drive new sales.
- Assets can be created to track what the customers own.
- Complex approval processes can be created that work with or outside of the standard Salesforce Approvals.
- Quote templates are flexible and powerful and can be branded to fit the customer.
- Leverage electronic signatures to speed the closing process.
Regardless of the need, Salesforce CPQ is scalable and has the complexity to tackle any solution.
LET SALESFORCE AND SUMMA HELP YOU ENGAGE YOUR EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS AND COMMUNITY IN NEW WAYS.
Implemented by an experienced Salesforce partner like Summa, the right technology can enable your organization to be more productive, efficient and engaging than ever before.
Our day-long conference covers Salesforce trends, tips and products that can supercharge success for your business.
Free registration is open now—hurry, space is limited!